This triple expansion steam merchant was launched on 20 October 1926 by R Williamson and Son Ltd., Workington for Joseph Constantine Steamship Line Ltd., Middlesbrough as Homewood. In 1939 she was sold to Kyle Shipping Co. Ltd., Liverpool with Monroe Brothers as managers. They renamed her Kylebrook. By 1942 she had been sold to Northwest Shipping Co. Ltd., Workington with Joseph Constantine Steamship Line Ltd. as managers.
On 18 September 1944 she was purchased by Ellermanís Wilson Line Ltd. And they renamed her Dynamo in 1946. She was then placed under the management of Antwerp Steamship Co. Ltd., London where she remained for 10 years until sold to Holderness Steamship Co. Ltd., Hull and renamed Holdernook. In August 1959 she was sold to M. C. Hoole for scrapping and she arrived at Haarlem, Holland on 18 August where demolition began.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith
Copyright John Clarkson, Preston.