HMS REDGAUNTLET was a destroyer of the "R" class.
Built by William Denny & Brothers launched in 1916 and commissioned on 7 Feb 1917.
The pennant number dates the photo to between Jan 1918 to Oct 1919 when she carried the number F97. In Oct 1919 the number was changed F16 which she held until 1922.
Previous pennant numbers carried were :
• F.58 (1916)
• F.51 (Jul 1917)
• F.A4 (Aug 1917)
Post WWI service
• Reduced to Reserve Complement at the Nore on 24 August, 1920.
• Re-commissioned on 6 March, 1925 with Special Complement.
• Re-commissioned at Portsmouth on 1 July, 1925.
• In August of 1925, REDGAUNTLET, along with Raider, Rocket and Retriever of the Portland Anti-Submarine Flotilla were selected to be scrapped.
• Following an earlier round of a flotilla leader and seventeen destroyers, REDGAUNTLET was named as one of an additional fifteen destroyers to be scrapped in the fiscal year starting 1 April, 1926
History details obtained from: http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/tf...gauntlet_(1916
Pennant Number details confirmed by Warship Supplement No. 165 of World Ship Society.