Not much wind around. Nothing to do but lower a boat and take some photographs. And this one became quite a piece of photographic art.
Lingard.Steel barque built in 1893 by Fevig Jernskibsbyggeri, Arendal, 1081 grt. Launched on speculation but was bought by B.A. Olsen & Sønner, Lyngør, Norway. 1915, sold to Wardle & Co., Port Adelaide, and renamed Wathara in 1916. 1919, sold to James Bell & Co., Hull. 1922, sold to Alf Monsen, Tønsberg. 1925, sold to Gustav Erikson, Mariehamn and renamed Lingard.
1935 November 2, collided in Kattegat with the Swedish steamer Gerd which sank with the loss of the entire crew. The Lingard was towed to Gothenburg where she was condemned and sold to Stavanger Skibs-ophugnings Co. 1936, bought by Norsk Seilskute Klubb, Oslo, in damaged condition. Repared and used as a club house and museum.
1941 [?] Taken over by the German army and used a storage hulk. 1946, sold to a salvage company in Moss to be cut down to a salvage pontoon.
Wheel, binnacle, charthouse, pinrail and pumps are on exhibit at the Norwegian Maritime Museum in Oslo.