Modified BLACK SWAN-Class Sloop ordered from Denny at Dumbarton under 1941 Build Program on 12th August. 1942. This ship was laid down on 5th April 1943 and was launched on 1st September in 1944 by Miss Stewart, as the eighth RN ship to carry the name, introduced in 1806. Build was completed 13th April 1945.
For service during the final phases of WWII and the Korean War follow the link
HMS ALACRITY was transferred to the Reserve Fleet Sub-Division at Lisahally, Londonderry, Ulster in 1953. She remained there in a state of preservation until placed on the Disposal List in 1956. She was then sold to BISCO for demolition by WH Arnold Young & Co at Dalmuir. The ship arrived in tow at the breaker's yard on 15th December 1956.