ANTELOPE of Wexford. The last ship ever built at Wexford, in 1885 by the Wexford Dockyard Company. A two masted schooner , she was built for John Barrington, Wexford with timbers salvaged from the wreck of a 700 ton Americian barque of the same name which was lost on the Saltee Islands in the mid 1880's. In July1898 she was bought by Eugene Fogarty, Arklow for £800. 1923 topmasts removed and engine fitted plus a pole mizzen mast. Laid up at Arklow from 1930 to Sept 1939 and in 1940 sold to Laurence O'Toole, Arklow. Sold again in 1942 to a Waterford owner, G. Nolan,The Quay, who removed the mizzen mast and fitted a new engine. On the 13th Dec 1950 she left Dublin for New Ross to load a cargo of malt, but was forced back across the bay by strong S by E winds as she tried to make for Dun Laoghaire. She was swept onto the shallow Dollymount Stand and after many hours the crew were able to get ashore. She remained there until her hulk was blown up nearly a year later. Her mainmast was removed and used in 1952 by the VENTURER when she was converted to a ketch rig. Some of her timbers were also used by two of Irelands foremost sculptors. She retained her handsome figurehead and bowsprite to the end. Official no. 70153.129 rt./ 88 nt. 133 gt. 91'.5'' x 24'. 7'' x 9'.7''.