Ships Nostalgia banner
Avondale

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
AVONDALE
O.N. 400214. 303g. 143n. 374d. 144' 5" x 23' 8" x 9' 1"
4-cyl. 4 S.C.S.A. (280 x 400mm) by Motorenfabriek "De Industrie", Alphen a/d Issyl. 195 bhp. 8 kts.
29.6.1950: Launched as NAVIS by Scheepswerke A. Apol, Wirdum, (Yard No.164), for Gebrouders van Diepen, Groningen, (Kamp's Scheepsvaart en Handelmaatschappij N.V., managers), Netherlands.
9.1950: Completed.
1953: Sold to W. J. Kramer, Groningen, (same manager)
1956: Renamed AEGIR.
1958: Sold to Michael G. Tyrrell, Dublin, and renamed AVONDALE.
1966: As a result of a merger operators restyled Hall & Tyrrell Ltd., although vessel remained registered under M. G. Tyrrell.
1974: Sold to Inter Island Shipping Ltd., Bangor, and renamed ORLOCK.
1976: Sold to R. W. C. Gillis and F. J. Lewis, Newquay and Torquay respectively, trading as Gillew Shipping Company Ltd., Newquay, and renamed COMMERCE, registered at London.
1977: R.W. C. Gillew became sole proprietor.
1978: Sold to Galaxy Shoppe (Anguilla) Ltd., London.
1989: Scuttled off Anguilla at 18.14N., 063.05W.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
this vessel was one of the original vessels under arklow shipping management and Michael 'Bunto' Tyrrell was chairman for many years
 

Media information

Category
Coasters
Added by
BOBBY
Date added
View count
419
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top