Ships Nostalgia banner
Baron Jedburgh (II)

Baron Jedburgh (II)

BARON JEDBURGH II

Built as a 3 cylinder steamship by Lithgows Ltd., Port Glasgow for the Hogarth Shipping Co. Ltd. and completed during 1936.
On 10March 1945 she was on voyage from Trinidad to Table Bay when she was torpedoed and sunk by U-532 north east of Bahia. All but one of her crew were saved with the survivors in one of the boats, under the command of Captain E. A. Brown, making landfall on the Brazilian coast two weeks after the sinking. The survivors in the second boat were picked up by Sandown Castle and landed at Montevideo 10 days later.

Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith
Copyright A. Duncan, Gravesend, Kent.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Stuart Smith
Date added
View count
389
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top