Lovely picture of the 'Robin' Dave looking her best fully loaded and in her origional paint scheme. One of 14 "Bird Class" 16,000 DWT product carriers ordered by the company and delivered between 1959 and 1962. Britsh Robin was the second of the two built by Lithgows Ltd., Port Glasgow, and was launched on 19.11. 1959, Yard No. 1126. Delivered to the BP Tanker Co. Ltd. on 9.3.1960 she came out a little undersized at 15,450 DWT, 525'6" LOA, 69'3" Breadth and with a summer draught of 29'4¾". She was powered by a 6 cyl. 2 S.C.S.A. B&W 6-75VTBF-150/50 type oil engine manufactured by J. Kincaid & Co. Ltd., Greenock. 8,600 bhp @ 112 rpm giving her a service speed of 15½ knots. Tanks 9C & 18 W, 2 pump rooms housing 4 horizontal duplex steam cargo pumps, max. discharge rate 2,000 t.w./hr. Victor Pyrate tank cleaning system, fitted with a 12" stern discharge line. She was transferred to the Clyde Charter Co. Ltd. on completion. This company was established in 1959 with a group of Scottish financiers with the intention of providing additional funding for fleet expansion. Ships were transferred directly to this company on completion for BPTC, such as the British Fulmar & British Robin , and leased back to the BP Tanker Co. who had a right to buy after a fixed time period. The Robin was transferred to the BP Tanker Co. in 1972 and sold in 1977 to Locofrance Service S.A., France being renamed Lot. She was sold again in 1983 tho the Fal Bunkering Co. Ltd., Dubai and renamed, imaginatively, Fal XI. On the 8th August 1986 while anchored awaiting demolition she was driven ashore at Clifton Beach, Pakistan and declared a CTL.