C. FRANCIS JENKINS
A typical EC2-S-C1 Liberty ship launched as C. Francis Jenkins on 26 August 1944 by J. A. Jones Construction Co., Wainwright Yard, Panama City, Florida for the US WSA. Her management was allocated to Agwilines Inc., New York before a change of management to A.L. Burbank and Co., New York.
In 1947 she was sold to Cia. De Nav. Cristobal, and renamed Ionian Leader and was managed by Vergottis Ltd. London, and sailed under the Panamanian flag. She is shown as Ionian Leader in this photograph and looks to be in fine condition, although there is no date for when the image was taken.
She was broken up at Kaohsiung, Taiwan by Tung Ho Steel Enterprise Corp., beginning November 1966.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith.