'Cardiff Queen', built by Fairfield at Govan in 1947 for P & A Campbell's Bristol Channel services. Worked on the South Coast in the early 1950s.
Laid up and offered for sale in 1966, no buyers were forthcoming and she was scrapped in 1968.
Similar, but slightly larger, consort, 'Bristol Queen'.
961 GT, 240' x 30', 3exp, 17 knots.
Perhaps it was because of the economic austerity immediately following WWII: the two P&A paddlers had enclosed paddle wheels with the fake ports, which detracted from their appearance and set them apart from the 'Waverley', which, although built in the same period, had, and still has, the elaborate housings that do so much to enhance her appearance.