Ships Nostalgia banner
CLAN MACNAIR

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Fine photo of a fine looking ship. Clan Macnair was completed by John Brown at Clydebank in February 1962. She was the last Clan line ship to be fitted with a Doxford engine ( a 6 cylinder 6400 bhp engine). During her fitting out she shared the fitting out basin with Transvaal Castle.
Although a Clan Line ship - on paper she was built for and owned by Neptune Shipping of Bermuda a Cayzer, Irvine subsidiary. Clan Macindoe a 5 cylinder Doxford near sister also built by John Brown and completed in November 1959 had the same owner arrangement.
 

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
davidlaf
Date added
View count
275
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top