Ships Nostalgia banner
Claudia

Claudia

The Portuguese sand/gravel extraction vessel Claudia, ex Portuguese twin screw coastal tanker Claudia, 56m/638gt, built in 1944 as Y80 by Odenbach Shipbuilding Corporation, Rochester, NY, for US Army Tankers. 1946 Claudia, Honduras . 1951 purchased by the important Portuguese tanker's owner Soponata, Lisbon, for traffic between Portuguese ports. 1972 she was purchased by another owner and after the conversion she was working in Madeira some years ago, however nowadays is working in upper Douro river in the sand/gravel industry.
Seen going up river, Oporto, Summer 2005.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
Rui Amaro
Date added
View count
176
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top