Ships Nostalgia banner
Cleveland

Cleveland

Built by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, 1909, as Cleveland for Hapag. Handed to US in 1919, became transporter Mobile. Then chartered to White star in 1920 and eventually renamed King Alexander. Then in 1923 back in US ownership as Cleveland. In 1926 rebought by Hapag and in 1933 scrapped.
So: are we se

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
She is most probably German otherwise she would not be flying the US flag as courtesy from the foremast. Also, her funnels are all one colour indicating Hapag ownership. United American Lines who owned the Cleveland from 1923 to 1926 had two dark bands on their funnel. As to a date it may be her maiden call in 1909 hence all of the flags, but this is only a guess.
 

Media information

Category
Passenger Liners & Cruise Ships
Added by
stein
Date added
View count
299
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top