Ships Nostalgia banner
CULEX

CULEX

The 1958 Bremerhaven built tug CULEX, photographed on 26th July 1968 from the Royal Terrace Pier at Gravesend, was completed for Gaselee and Son Ltd., London, with a tall hinged funnel for under bridges work.

Following her purchase in May 1965 by William Watkins, then managed by Ship Towage (Londo

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,836 Posts
CULEX
O.N. 187697. 97g. 42n. d. 80’ 5” x 21’ 7” x 8’ 1”
8-cyl. 4 S.C.S.A. Deutz type by Kloeckner Humboldt Deutz AG, Koeln. 660bhp.
Post 2001: 12-cyl. 4 S.C.S.A. (170 x 190mm) 3512 type by Caterpillar Inc, Peoria Illinois, 1,060bhp. 15 tons bollard pull.
1958: Completed by F. Schichau, Bremerhaven for Gaselee & Son Ltd, London.
10.1.1958: Registered at London.
1.3.1965: Sold to Ship Towage (London) Ltd.
8.3.1965: Sold to William Watkins Ltd., (Ship Towage (London) Ltd., managers), London.
20.9.1968: Owners restyled as London Tugs Ltd., (same managers).
1971: Sold to John G. Efthimiou, Piraeus and renamed ATROMITOS.
1985: Sold to Pelion Maritime Company, (Leonidas Giannisis, manager), Volos.
1988: Manager became George Giannisis.
1995: Managers become Volos Tugs (George Giannisis).
2001: Re-engined following crankshaft damage.
2009: Managers restyled Volos Tugs Union Shipping Company (George Giannisis).
2016: Still in service.
 

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
CRANFIELD
Date added
View count
542
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top