Ships Nostalgia banner
DOCKYARD III

DOCKYARD III

500 ihp/10-ton bollard pull team tug launched 1941 and completed in 1946 by Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij NV (Rotterdam Drydock Co Ltd) for its own use.
1981-sold to S Beltman, Dordrecht for preservation, renamed GEBR. BEVER ( the name means “Beaver Brothers”)

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,571 Posts
Read a bit about these tugs ,the funnel,wheelhouse combine was to keep the wheel house worm in Baltic winter.
Regards Bobby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,675 Posts
The crew in Rotterdam (not in the Baltic) where she operated must have felt like tomatoes in a greenhouse in summer,though!
Cheers
Bob
 

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
bobs
Date added
View count
221
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top