EMPIRE ARCHER / BARON MURRAY II
Built by the Caledon Shipbuilding and Engineering Co. Ltd., Dundee and launched on 29 June 1942 as Empire Archer for the MOWT. Her 3 cylinder steam engine was built and supplied by North Eastern Marine Engineering Co. Ltd., Sunderland.
In 1946 she was purchased by the Kelvin Shipping Co. Ltd and renamed Baron Murray. In March 1959 she was sold out of the company to Cathay Shipping Corporation Ltd., Panama and renamed Cathay.
She was sold for scrap in 1963 and arrived at Yokosuka on 24 July where work commenced.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith