Ships Nostalgia banner
EMPIRE FARRAR

EMPIRE FARRAR

Two locomotives were discharged from the ship EMPIRE FARRAR. They were placed directly on a temporary railway.

EMPIRE FARRAR was a 1,923 GRT cargo ship which was built by Stettiner Oderwerke, Stettin. Launched in 1944 as MICHAEL FERDINAND for H Ferdinand, Germany. Seized in May 1945 as a war prize at Sønderborg, Denmark. To MoWT and renamed Empire Farrar. Placed under the management of Stratton Shipping Co in 1947. Sold in 1949 to Stanley Steamship Co, Hong Kong and renamed ADMIRAL HARDY. Sold in 1955 to Sig S Aarstads Rederi, Norway. Sold in 1965 to Scanship Corp, Panama and renamed DUMAI TRADER. Operated under the management of Panama Sea Express Line, Norway. Management passed to Manchester Navigation Ltd, Panama in 1967. Scrapped in March 1967 at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Gijsha
Date added
View count
439
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top