Built for the MOWT by Ailsa S.B. Co. Ltd., Troon and launched on 24 March 1943 as a 2890 ton steam merchant with a service speed of 9.5 knots.
In 1945 she was taken over by the French Government and renamed Joseph Blot. After nine years she was sold to Armement Leon Mazzella et Cie, Algiers who traded her as Leon Mazzella.
By 1960 she had Panamanian owners, Loris Cia Nav. S.A., Panama and they operated her as Loris, as shown in this photograph.
In 1966 her new owners, Cia. Mar. Santa Barbara had purchased her and renamed her Agia Varvara. She was managed by Vlassopulos Ltd., London.
Her demise came in 1974 when she was broken up at Izmir, Turkey.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith