Ships Nostalgia banner
Empire Moulmein

Empire Moulmein

EMPIRE MOULMEIN

Built for the MOWT by John Readhead and Sons Ltd., South Shields and launched on 8 June 1944 and completed during August for managers Port Line Ltd.
In 1945 she was allocated to the French Government and renamed Colonel Vieljeux. She was sold in 1948 to Nouvelle Cie. Havraise Peninsulaire de Nav., Paris and was traded by them until 1961 as Ville De Diego-Suarez, as shown in this photograph.
Her new owners were Soc. Anon. Monegasque d’Armement et de Nav, Monaco and for one year only they operated her as Vimy.
She was then sold to Turkey and renamed Demirhan and four years later, in 1966 new Turkish owners named her Manizade. She traded as such for ten years until broken up at Aliaga, Turkey beginning 20 March 1976.

Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith
Photographer unknown
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Stuart Smith
Date added
View count
332
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top