Ships Nostalgia banner
EVGENIA
Greek cargo ship EVGENIA (ex DRYDEN of 1912), here seen at the Schelde yard in Flushing on 3rd May 1940, where she was towed to after having been grounded on the dike between Breskens and Cadzand (just opposite of Flushing) in dense fog. She suffered some damage and was leaking. Repaired at the yard

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,865 Posts
excellent, many thanks for posting. She was laid down as BOLTON CASTLE for Lancashire Shipping Company of Liverpool and as DRYDEN was owned by the Liverpool, Brazil & River Plate S.N. Co Ltd. Between 1933 and 1940 she was owned by Coumantaros Bros as PANAGHIOTIS TH.COUMANTAROS. As EVGENIA she was owned by Stavros S.Niarchos.
 

Media information

Category
Maritime Casualties & Breaking Yards
Added by
Gijsha
Date added
View count
606
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top