Ships Nostalgia banner
FIDUCIA

FIDUCIA

no information about this coaster

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
FIDUCIA was completed on 28/3/39 by E.J.Smit & Zoon at Westerbroek (Yard No. 658) as VOLHARDING for G.J. Wennemers and registered at Nieuw Lenzen. In 1941, she was renamed FIDUCIA under the ownership of Jan Minnaar of Overschie. On March 13th 1963 whilst on passage from Boston (Lincs) to Maassluis, she ran aground at the Hook of Holland and was declared a total loss and was cut up and transported to the breakers. 228 gross tons, 38.40 metres length over all, Dutch flag.

The photograph looks like it was taken at Maassluis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
there was a later Fiducia which was owned by Ripmeester of rotterdam blt in mid 1950s .. ran to dublin for years under sanara charter from the seine with wheat ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Andi, the IMO Ship Numbering system was finally implemented in 1987 using the existing Lloyd's Register ship numbering system which was designed in 1973. Extinct ships were not retrospectively numbered as there was no commercial incentive for LR at that time.
 

Media information

Category
Coasters
Added by
AndiDandi
Date added
View count
692
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top