Ships Nostalgia banner
Ganda (1)

Ganda (1)

Portuguese cargo liner “GANDA” (1), imo 1104908/ clipper bow/ 109m/ 3.044gt/ 10kn; 04/1895 completed by A. Stephen & Sons, Ltd, Glasgow, as BENALDER (2) for The Ben Line of Steamers Ltd., Leith, mgrs. William Thomson & Co., Leith; 11/1911 BENALDER when unloading copra at Antwerp caught double fire and meanwhile repaired; 23/12/1916 hit by a torpedo of U-21 east of Crete and escaped make Alexandria for repairs; 08/07/1919 arrived Oporto as BENALDER with a full cargo of grain; 10/07/1919 she sailed Oporto as GENERAL ALLENBY, owned by S. R. Sequerra, London, who employed her Portuguese West territories service; 05/10/1920 GANDA, Sociedade Agricola do Ganda, mgr. Mr. António Costa, Lobito; 03/07/ 1922 GANDA, Companhia Colonial de Navegação, Lobito, primeiro unidade daquele armador; 19/04/1929 arrived Savona for breaking up.
Seen somewhere in West Portuguese Africa port.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Rui Amaro
Date added
View count
309
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top