Built by Bartram & Sons Ltd., South Dock, Sunderland and launched on 19 July 1954. She was a 6266 ton motor ship with a service speed of 12.5 knots and was completed for Haldin & Philipps Ltd. during December of that year.
Her Court Line career was relatively short as she was sold to Jayanti Shipping Co., Bombay & London in 1962. She was renamed Gandhi Jayanti and traded as such for 12 years until renamed Gandhi in 1964. She went to the ship breakers at Bombay during April 1976.
Photograph belongs to Stan Mayes.
Copyright Stan Mayes