Ships Nostalgia banner
Imperial Transport (Houlder Bros)

Imperial Transport (Houlder Bros)

Built by Greenock Drydock Co of Greenock 1953.

Gross Tonnage 11365
Net Tonnage 6356
Length 543 ft. Beam 69ft.
Chartered By Shell Oil
Sold in 1964 to Cia De Athenian De Nav (Falalicos) of Liberia and
Renamed Angel Iki.
Sold in 1969 to Taiwanese Shipbreakers and broken up in Kaohsiung.

·
Registered
Joined
·
442 Posts
In 1963 Houlder Bros had 8 tankers.
Newbury, Clutha River, Imperial Transport, Cerinthus, Clymene, Denby Grange, Bidford Priory and Brandon Priory.
Source, Clarkson's Tanker Register 1963
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
48 Posts
Mac, that was an excellent list and Clarksons were not at all bad in their work, seemingly only missing out the Abadesa, which was built 1962, converted in 1969 in Norway to a parcel tanker.
 

Media information

Category
Tankers
Added by
John Edward Tomlinson
Date added
View count
919
Comment count
5
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top