Ships Nostalgia banner
Knocker White

Knocker White

Loa: 24,77m, B: 6,02m, D: 3,15m
(77.2'x20.0'x9.6')
Machinery: 1 scr, T3cyl by "Crabtree & Co", 47nhp-400ihp
Re-engined 1960 2x diesel Petter, 355bhp-261kW (600bhp total)

CAIRNROCK
1924: Built by "T. van Duijvendijk" at Lekkerkerk (NLD) (YN 2)
1924: Delivered to "Harrisons (London) Ltd" at London (GBR)
195x: To "W.E. White & Sons (Towage) Ltd" at London (GBR), renamed KNOCKER WHITE
1960: Re-engined 2x diesel Petter, 600bhp
1972: To Alfred E. White at London (GBR)
1983: Sold for scrapping to "Penfold" at Erith, near Dartford Creek (GBR)
198x: Purchased for restoration by Museum of London in Docklands and laid up - due to be moved to the main Museum site in West India Dock, London (GBR)
2005: After a 60 year working life she is Still in existence

Seen at the Docklands Museum. 3rd May 2007
------------
Photo copyright Ben @ riverthames.co.nr
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
karbine
Date added
View count
230
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top