LAVOISIER Chargeurs Réunis South America service. Launched by Ateliers and Chantiers de la Loire in Saint-Nazaire in 1948, delivered in 1950. In 1961 sold to Commercial Maritime Petroli in Palermo who renamed her RIVIERA PRIMA. Rebuilt as the first italian pure cruiseship. In 1964 she was sold to Norwegian owners. As VIKING PRINCESS, operating for Flagship Lines, she contnued cruising until 8th April 1966, when she caught fire off Cuba. Two passengers were lost. The remains of the ship were scrapped in Bilbao.