Ships Nostalgia banner
Lewis #8

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Photo shows the tug owned by Eklof Marine Corp. She was built in 1943, as DPC 86, and after World War II was acquired by the Lewis Oil Co. & renamed LEWIS NO. 8. She was sold in 1969 to Eklof, and in 1981 to Gaelic Tugboat Co., & renamed TIPPERARY. In 1990, she was acquired by Roehrig Maritime of Staten Island, New York for $150,000 dollars where she was renamed as the Tilly . Named after founder Chris Roehrig's maternal grandmother. She was sold to DCD Maritime of Key West, Fl., & is now a live aboard vessel. http://www.tugboatinformation.com/tug.cfm?id=697
 

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
linerman47
Date added
View count
145
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top