Ships Nostalgia banner
Liberty ship James J O'Kelly

Liberty ship James J O'Kelly

JAMES J O’KELLY

This EC2-S-C1 Liberty ship was built and completed in September 1943 at the Permanente Metals Corporation Yard No.1. Her engine builder was the Iron Fireman Manufacturing Company, Portland, Oregon. She was delivered to the WSA who put her under the management of American-Hawaiian SS Co., San Francisco.
In 1946 she was managed by J H Winchester & Co., NY. She was sold to Los Bros & AK Pezas Chios (Livanos & Co., London) in 1946 and kept her built name until they changed it to Costis Los one year later.
From 1949 to 1955 she flew the Greek flag and was managed out of London. In 1955 she became African King, as in this photograph, and was owned by West Africa Navigation Ltd. She flew the Liberian flag until she was scrapped at Onahama, Japan in 1963

Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith
Photographer A Duncan, Gravesend, Kent.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Stuart Smith
Date added
View count
501
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top