Ships Nostalgia banner
MACHAON

MACHAON

Ocean S.S. Co. (Blue Funnel Line)'s 1959 Dundee built MACHAON is seen passing Portishead, inbound for Avonmouth exactly fifty years ago today, on 9th April 1970. Later in 1970 she was transferred to the Dutch flag and ownership of NSMO.

In 1974 she was transferred to Elder Dempster Lines services to West Africa and in 1977 renamed OBUASI.

Laid up at Liverpool in March 1978, on her sale to Greek buyers she was to be renamed ELSEA but sailed on 23rd June 1978 as MED ENDEAVOR.

She finally arrived at Kaohsiung on 12th February 1979 for breaking.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
CRANFIELD
Date added
View count
382
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top