Ships Nostalgia banner
NEWGLADE

NEWGLADE

NEWGLADE, built by Doxford at Sunderland in 1944 and delivered to Moor Line as BROCKLEYMOOR, which had traded between 1959 and 1964 as RESTORMEL for John Cory of Cardiff, had retained registry at that port when owned by Waterloo Shipping Co (Tsavliris, London)

Here photographed by John Wiltshire fifty years ago today, on 19th May 1968, as she approached Avonmouth on arrival with a part cargo of sulphur from Coatzacoalcos, Mexico, she underwent repairs in Avonmouth's old dock before sailing on 8th July bound for Varna and then Piraeus where she arrived on 11 September.

After a grounding she moved to Kynosoura but suffered a fire in November and arrived at Vado Ligure (Savona) in July 1969 to be broken up.

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Doxford yard number 719. Launched 20.06.44. Doxford 600LB3 engine, Broken up 1970 at Vado ligure after an engine room fire
 

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
CRANFIELD
Date added
View count
540
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top