SAMPLER/PORT ALBANY (2) was built in 1943 by (Kaiser's) Oregon Ship Building Corp. at Oregon with a tonnage of 7219grt, a length of 441ft 8in, a beam of 57ft and a service speed of 10 knots. An EC2-S-C1 (Emergency Cargo Type 2) she was a Liberty ships ordered as the William C Lane but delivered as the Sampler on a bare-boat charter to the Ministry of War Transport with Port Line as managers. She survived the war and was acquired by Port Line in 1947 as a war loss replacement, the company's only Liberty ship, and renamed Port Albany. In 1951 she was sold to Cia. Vista Darada of Panama and renamed Teni but only stayed with the company until 1953 when she was sold to the Mid-Atlantic Shipping Co. of Greece and given the name Gloriana. On 3rd June 1968 she arrived in Shanghai where she was broken up.