Ships Nostalgia banner
RENWICK

RENWICK

Renwick, Wilson & Dobson of Bristol's 1951 J.R.Hepworth, Hull, built sand dredger RENWICK is seen passing Portishead on 5th November 1969.

In 1968 Sand Supplies (Western) Ltd, a company established as a joint venture between Renwick, Wilton & Dobson and Thomas Silvey, took over the collier RENWICK, and also the similar DENBY and WYCLIFFE, for conversion into sand dredgers.

RENWICK soon became SAND OPAL, sold in 1976 to become SARGIA; her fate is currently unknown

·
Read Only
Joined
·
0 Posts
Reminiscent of the Lapthorn 'Hoo' vessel's design, although a different purpose.
 

Media information

Category
Dredgers/Tugs/Harbour Craft
Added by
CRANFIELD
Date added
View count
470
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top