Ships Nostalgia banner
RFA Wave Protector

RFA Wave Protector

Originally named Empire Protector when launched on 20 July 1944. Her name was changed on 23 November 1946 to Wave Protector when she became an RFA. She was one of the 20 original Wave Class tankers in RFA service.

Towards the end of her RFA service she was laid up in November 1958 at Ras Hanzir, G

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,062 Posts
RFA Wave Protector - Wave Class Freighting Tanker - ID Number: 1169147
Launched 1944 as Empire Protector.
In 1946 renamed RFA Wave Protector.

Gross Tonnage: 8148 - Deadweight: 12000 - LOA: 150 Metres - Beam: 20 Metres.

Hulked at Malta in 1958.

Sold to Italian Breakers at La Grazie and towed from Malta 16th Auugust 1963.

Regards
 

Media information

Category
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Added by
Rozzer
Date added
View count
317
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top