The Royal Sovereign (1851 grt/826 nrt) seen here anchoring off the Tower of London on River Thames.
Launched on May 7th, 1948 by William Denny & Bros., Dumbarton, hull-number 1413. Used as an excursion boat from River Thames to the continent, May-September.
1967 sold to Townsend Car Ferries Ltd., converted to a lorry ferry and renamed Autocarrier but in the same year bought by Verschure & Co., Amsterdam. In 1973 sold to Italy and renamed Ischia. Changed her owners several times in the 70's and 80's but remained in use until 2007. Arrived at Aliaga on Dec. 15th, 2007 for breaking up.