She was torpedoed in Accra Roads on 30th May 1941 in 33 ft of water. In 1943 to two locally based engineers , refloated her and was towed to Lagos Roads. Due to port congestion she was then towed to the Cameroon River -Douala. He cargo was sold and then she was repurchased by Elder Dempsters. She was later towed back to Lagos and berthed at the E.D's Wilmot point, their dockyard. Repairs were made to the torpedo damage and in 1946 she was towed by the tug "Seaman" to Middle Docks South Shields . This took 62 days under Capt J J Smith
She was refitted including the original engine and sailed on her 2nd maiden voyage on 10th April 1947.
Demolition commenced Sept 1960 by T W Ward, as above.