Ships Nostalgia banner
Saon

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Shipmate17 HI this looks like its years old but is from the late 50s or early60s see the rader scanner good picture. regards laurie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Owners Standard Steam Fishing Co.Ltd.Grimsby.
Funnel livery all black funnel carrying a white letter S.
Saon scrapped August 1958 so date earlier than that but Steve Farrow may be able to date the photograph more precisely by the tug!
Great atmospheric photograph you've posted shipmate 17.
billblow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
No.12 (162859), 49grt 180ihp was built at Thorne in 1931 and still in operation in 1958 when SAON went to the breakers.
Gil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,206 Posts
The fish dock coal-burning tugs were replaced by new diesel tugs about 1964. These included the Sir Alfred Bannister, launched 26.9.1963, William Grant, 22.3.1963. Herbert Crampin, 11.1.1966 and the Jack Croft Baker.

Steve
 

Media information

Category
Fishing Vessels
Added by
shipmate17
Date added
View count
245
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top