Built by Ramage and Ferguson, Leith and launched as Kara on 3 October 1921 for Petrograd Streamers Ltd., Leith.
She was sold to Currie Line in 1927 and renamed Shetland, as shown in this photograph. On 23 June 1943 she was sailing west north west of Cape St. Vincent when she was attacked by German aircraft, hit by bombs and sunk.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith
Copyright A. Duncan, Gravesend, Kent.