Ships Nostalgia banner
SS Mills Victory

SS Mills Victory

SS Mills Victory

A VC2-S-AP2 Victory ship built by the Permanente Metals Corporation Yard No.2 and delivered during April 1945.
She was one of sixteen ships loaned to the US Army in 1947 and as with all of these ships they were given the names of US Army War heroes. Mills Victory became SGT. Morris W Crain.
In 1950 she was transferred to the Navy Department and reclassified AK224 (Cargo ship 224). Later she was reclassified again as T-AK224.
She was scrapped in America during 1975.

Photograph belongs to stuart Smith
Photographer unknown
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Stuart Smith
Date added
View count
272
Comment count
0
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top