Ships Nostalgia banner
SS Samrich

SS Samrich

She spent 15 months before and after the Jap surrender carrying army transport and some troops round the far east.

·
Banned
Joined
·
25 Posts
Launched as the 'William Pitt Preble' in 1943 by the New England Shipbuilding Corporation, South Portland, Maine and completed as the 'Samrich'.
To the Ministry of War Transport, managed by Shaw Savill & Albion, London' in the same year.
Became SS&A's 'Cufic' in 1947.
Renamed 'Santa Elisabetta' in 1953, owned by Soc. Officine G. Malvicini Vapori, Genoa.
Bluestar Enterprises renamed her 'Star' in 1967 under the Panamanian flag.
Scrapped in Taiwan in 1968.

Bruce C.
 

Media information

Category
Cargo vessels
Added by
Peter Eckford
Date added
View count
293
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top