It was the first 'Stanvac Calcutta' that was lost on the sixth of June 1942. She had been launched on the 15th March and commissioned on the 1st of May 1941 at the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation, Quincy, Massachusetts, Yard No. 1485. She was registered in Panama under the holding ownership of the Petroleum Shipping Company Ltd. and operated by Socony-Vacuum's Marine Transportation Dept. LOA 501' 9", Breadth 68' 3", Moulded Depth 37'. 16,625 dwt. 2 x Westinghouse steam turbines double reduction geared to a single screw shaft, 4,000 shp @ 75 rpm, 13 knots. This one is the second Stanvac Calcutta, launched 13th July and commissioned 16th September 1944 at the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp's yard, Sparrows Point, Maryland, Yard No. 4424. (Ship Type T3-SA-1). Registered Panama to the Petroleum Shipping Co. Ltd. LOA 501' 8", Breadth 68' 0", Moulded Depth 36' 11", 16,543 dwt. 2 x Bethlehem steam turbines double reduction geared to a single screw shaft, 7,000 shp @ 85 rpm, 15 knots. She was sold in 1961 to International Union Lines, Monrovia and renamed Union Venus. Lengthened and converted to a bulk carrier in 1962, 23,050 dwt. Arrived Kaohsiung 18.8.1975 for breaking.