British Victory ship cargo liner TALTHYBIUS (3), 139m/7.671gt, 15,5kn: 1944 completed by Permanente Metals Corp., Richmond, California, as SALINA VICTORY for United States Maritime Commission. 1946 She was purchased by the Alfred Holt Group and was operated by parent company NSMO, Amsterdam, as POLYDORUS;1960 she was transferred to Ocean Steamship Co., Liverpool, and renamed TALTHYBIUS. During 1971 she operated with Elder Dempster Line colours on the West African service before laid up at Birkenhead. 12/1971 she arrived Taipei, Taiwan, for breaking up.
Seen outbound Leixões early 60s where she was discharging cargo from Far East, after myself, as water clerk, have cleared her for Birkenhead.