Built 1909 by Bremer Vulcan for Hamburg-Bremen Afrika Linie, 541 tons, lpp 128 ft. Taken in hand for conversion to seaplane mother ship Answald FS1 in 1914, converted at Danzig Kaiserliche Werft, commissioned 17 July 1915. As she proved unsuitable for service as seaplane tender, she was used as torpedo boat depot ship. Served in the Baltic. After the war she was taken over by the British and served in the Merchant Navy as the Vulcan City until she was broken up in Blyth in 1933. Regards, Stein.