Built for the Shipping Controller by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson Ltd., Low Walker, Sunderland. She was launched as a 5730 ton steam Z Type tanker on 24 October 1919 and completed on 26 November 1919. Her engine was by the shipbuilder and was positioned aft which was not typical of Z Type tankers.
Her management was allocated to Lane and MacAndrew Ltd. until 1921 when she was transferred to the Admiralty for use as a Fleet Oiler.
In 1936 she was transferred to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and saw out the war in that capacity.
She was sold to Bulk Storage Co.(P. Bauer) in 1946 and then to Basinghall Shipping Co. in 1948.
She was broken up at Karachi during February 1949.
Photograph belongs to Stuart Smith.