Ships Nostalgia

Ships Nostalgia (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forum.php)
-   News and Views from the Shipping World (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Still going strong (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=291827)

Donald McGhee 5th March 2019 04:38

Still going strong

3 Attachment(s)
Our old girl was surveyed today, divers under the hull and everything checked out fine. I’ve attached a couple of shots of her that may be of interest to the “vintage” ship fraternity. 119 years old now, great old girl.

tsell 5th March 2019 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald McGhee (Post 2971623)
Our old girl was surveyed today, divers under the hull and everything checked out fine. I’ve attached a couple of shots of her that may be of interest to the “vintage” ship fraternity. 119 years old now, great old girl.

The old boy and the old girl - a right Darby and Joan couple!!

G'day Don,

Hope you and your other girl are doing well... it's great to see Waimarie in such good shape after all these years, considering what she's been through. Any more floods, mate? Terrific pics!
I was wondering how far upstream can she reach nowadays, I doubt you can heave to for a bit of whitebaiting any more - don't suppose there are many around now.

All the best,(Thumb)

Taff

spongebob 5th March 2019 05:54

She looks so shipshape, a smart woman despite her age . That Easteel boiler is obviously producing a full head .
Still hoping to get down that way and will certainly look her up when I do .

Bob

Donald McGhee 5th March 2019 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsell (Post 2971625)
The old boy and the old girl - a right Darby and Joan couple!!

G'day Don,

Hope you and your other girl are doing well... it's great to see Waimarie in such good shape after all these years, considering what she's been through. Any more floods, mate? Terrific pics!
I was wondering how far upstream can she reach nowadays, I doubt you can heave to for a bit of whitebaiting any more - don't suppose there are many around now.

All the best,(Thumb)

Taff

We can reach Hipango Park, but there are huge debris snags, trees etc and the river is in a mess. Council sold the dredger, now a wreck off Little Barrier Island.
Less whitebait now, river generally full of silt and the bar is becoming more shallow every year. It’s a damn disgrace Taff, but we sail on.

Donald McGhee 5th March 2019 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongebob (Post 2971627)
She looks so shipshape, a smart woman despite her age . That Easteel boiler is obviously producing a full head .
Still hoping to get down that way and will certainly look her up when I do .

Bob

You know where we are Bob, would be great to meet up and have you aboard.