Ships Nostalgia

Ships Nostalgia (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forum.php)
-   Tankers (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   British Duchess (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=708)

Fairfield 24th September 2004 14:46

British Duchess
 
1 Attachment(s)
A bit of self-indulgence here.A piece of my artwork of this 1958 built BP tanker one of the largest at the time at 42000dwt.
She was scrapped in 1978 as PETROLA 25.

tanker 24th September 2004 15:06

Very good !!!!!!i ll submit some of my pieces of artwork but i must find them
in a my old trunk !!!!!! i am very happy that i am not only the fool of Merchant ships.

Fairfield 24th September 2004 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanker
Very good !!!!!!i ll submit some of my pieces of artwork but i must find them
in a my old trunk !!!!!! i am very happy that i am not only the fool of Merchant ships.

Thank you for your kind words.It/s good being a fool for Merchant ships.Hope to see your artwork soon.

Alan Blair 11th July 2005 12:18

This is excellent Paul I like the way she sits in the water, looks as if she's moving -----well done-------------Alan

Fairfield 11th July 2005 13:49

Thank you indeed,Alan.Coming from you that is much appreciated.

WLH 11th July 2005 13:54

Wlh
 
Like the picture.....were you on board with Captain David Lyle ?, a most
interesting character..............WLH

thunderd 12th July 2005 00:26

Paul you call it self indulgence, I call it pride in your calling and a generous willingness to share things with other members. I'm no art critic but I can appreciate the effort, time and love that went into your picture. I am amazed at the talents on this site that are beginning to show once one person breaks the ice. I say thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming.

clarkie59 31st December 2007 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Blair (Post 10133)
This is excellent Paul I like the way she sits in the water, looks as if she's moving -----well done-------------Alan

Moving, that was a miricle, when I sailed on her we spent an awful lot of time "Broken Down!"

David Williams 12th May 2020 20:28

Bp tankers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairfield (Post 1549)
A bit of self-indulgence here.A piece of my artwork of this 1958 built BP tanker one of the largest at the time at 42000dwt.
She was scrapped in 1978 as PETROLA 25.

Hi Fairfield.
I sailed on her sister ship,the British Duke
in the mid fifties.
Dave Williams.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.