Ships Nostalgia

Ships Nostalgia (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forum.php)
-   BP Shipping (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   British Seafarer 1957 December - Las Palmas (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=28713)

BettsP 17th August 2009 20:46

British Seafarer 1957 December - Las Palmas

1 Attachment(s)
Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can help with names in this photo?

The information I have is it is taken on board the British Sefarer, December 1957 at Las Palmas. From left to right I have 2/E, Abbas, 3/E, 3/M, App, Sparks and far right is my Dad, Derek Betts who was 4/E at the time.

Any help would be gretly appreciated - I've several photos to identify from a series taken throughout my Dad's career!

Paul

rodhaigh 4th January 2010 13:16

Sailed with your Dad on the British Faith (I'm almost sure) in the early '60's and met him again here in N Tasmania in the early '80's when I went aboard a visiting BP vessel in Bell Bay.
But you want to know who the others are...sorry can't help
Regards
Rod Haigh

JamesM 20th January 2010 13:24

Hi Paul, Sorry, can't help with the names of the other guys in the photo.
But more importantly, I would like you and the family to know that I sailed with your Dad, twice, on River boats. He was a fine engineer and a lovely man. Sadly missed.
Regards James.

Satanic Mechanic 21st January 2010 18:19

53 Attachment(s)
Is it some sort of cult or sect - where they all had to have the same haircut?

I had heard rumours of such things in bp could this be the proof!!

Only joking - way before my time I'm afraid, but your fathers name does ring a few bells - never sailed with him but may well have heard his name come up

Bernval 25th July 2018 11:38

British Seafarer 1957 las palmas

Found this photo and I am Bernard Valentine-Slack Radio Officer at the time . Its me at Bottom right! Hope you don't mind me taking a copy of image.Thank You

Graham Wallace 28th July 2018 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernval (Post 2921981)
Found this photo and I am Bernard Valentine-Slack Radio Officer at the time . Its me at Bottom right! Hope you don't mind me taking a copy of image.Thank You

I have a listing of BP RO's ,you are list #771
I'll send you a SN email

Graham

BettsP 1st August 2018 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernval (Post 2921981)

Hi Bernard,
No problem in you taking copies - I need to revisit the photos having just realised 8 years since this was posted!