Hi
I am new to this forum
Some more of Denholms ships
Sig Ragne
Bibi
Scotstoun
Bern
Al Dhafrah

But there's one missing. To say I sailed on her is not accurate, in a four month trip we weighed anchor and moved two miles to get a better TV Picture off Khor Fakkan. The fishing was especially good during this trip.

I ran the bar on this ship and figured if I could run a pub ashore with the income like that I could make a living out of it. I am sorry to re awaken a nightmare but does anyone remember .................................................. .................................................. ........
DALMA

Out of all the engineers who sailed with Denholms how many remember this one
Oh yes I remember the Dalma, Captain Rodney Megran (The Megraine), did not like booze in any form, only came out of his room to visit the bridge or his weekly jaunt on the Sunday inspection.
We were on the Gulf - Ulsan run, with a slow steam past Singapore to pick up mail and stores. Then a six week dry dock in Singapore, that was agood one!
Can anybody remember the ship running out of beer, we used the old collection of cheap wine which was lying untouched from the builders yard.
When Rodney asked me how the officers were coping with no beer, I explained that we liked the wine, but did'nt tell him by the Bucket full! we used to mix a selection of wine into a bucket and drink it, infact we drank all the wine even the cheapest vinegar tasting.
Forget the year but I joine in RKS and left six and half months later in RAK

Spence. (chief Stwd)