Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - ss IBERIA
Thread: ss IBERIA
View Single Post
Old 9th November 2012, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Callon View Post
Hi Anne,

In response to your reply, no it was not common practice for crew members to fraternise with the passengers - in fact it was forbidden. By crew members I am referring to the ratings i.e. Cooks, Stewards, Sailors etc. Officers were allowed to mix with passengers so it was possible for them to form a liaison with female passengers. As to anybody being conceived in the ships laundry, this would not be possible as have you have rightly said, it was running 24 hours a day and also was deep in the bowels of the ship well away from passenger accommodation. I am afraid I can not help you with the accident with the deckchair. A lot of things happened on a daily basis on those Liners and some events you never heard about. There are some avenues you could explorer like what was your Mum's maiden name at the time. If you wish, send me a private email through this site and maybe I could help you some more.
Regards
John
hi john, her name was natalie rowland. was there a small room where the passengers could hang out their 'smalls'? this was the story given to me, but i have often found it dubious. whoever my father was he had brown eyes. it has cost me a small fortune up until now trying to uncover the truth, all to no avail. this is why i put the article in the sun. at least now if you google ss iberia it comes up on the first page, so there is a very small chance that my real father will see it. anything else that may spring to mind in the future however seemingly insignificant would be much appreciated, anne.