Ships Nostalgia - View Single Post - Tremo
Thread: Tremo
View Single Post
Old 25th February 2010, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Wishart View Post
Hello all, I am also very interested in Tremo models, I have a collection of 22 of them which includes set no. 1, set no. 4 plus 13 others. Unusual ones I suspect are the Graf Spee in perfect cond [all three masts], Jean d' arc, USS Astoria and U59. There are 7 HMS cruisers [ Belfast, Kent etc.] Hood, 2 Tribals etc. I am not looking to sell these but would interested to hear what the community thought. They were all bought by my father in 39/40 in West Kilbride Scotland and very carefully played with on the billiards table all during the war. My father was just too young to fight, his big brother was however on 6 destroyers during the war as 'guns' officer, HMS Zulu being his longest serving ship until she was bombed and sank after a failed commando raid at Trobruk. He died on HMS Kite on the last convoy to Russia in 44. These models had a very special place in his heart which is why I do not want to sell them. Robin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin this is a great collection. -Graf Spee is the most common of the German ships but is still uncommon. Jeanne d'Arc and Astoria and U59 rare and I suspect that the U-boot will be similar to the Wiking models but it will be interesting to see. The sets are extremely rare (even if they contain ships which are individually common).

Regards

Les Smith