Ships Nostalgia banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

general arrangements

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  ART6 
#1 ·
...for yachts Savarona III and La Belle Simone.

Found both things elsewhere. Once again, no help here whatsoever.

Thanks tons guys.

#5 ·
Stein,

I 'almost' went into yachts. I was offered a job on a large motor yacht, built 1928, JEZEBEL, now TALIGHTA G. As soon as I got on board I felt regret. Everyone was 'MN', not yachties. I stayed for two months and then went back to painting. I don't think regular MN people would be interested. The owner can change his rules every five minutes. No thanks.

Here is my boat when in her earlier life. Yes, a beauty. 35 crew, 12 passengers.

Stephen

Attachments

#9 ·
My, my, what a surly character you appear to be (albeit you may be very nice (Smoke)). I have as little interest in yachts as I have in embroidery, so any information given by me on either subject would be of no use what so ever. Where I can be of assistance on my profession then I do proffer what little knowledge remains in my old brain, which sometimes requires the assistance of my reference books in my very old library written by better men than myself Ghunga Din (Whaaa)

#8 · (Edited)
Can you not see this, that your particular interest in floating objects is not shared by very many on this site? If there were anyone who had been able to help you, I am sure they would have, as to me it has been amazing the amount of work that has been put in by people here just to help someone with some information. And can you not see this that your sulking based on the rejection that you see in nobody reacting to your request must be considered wholly out of proportion? I do not bother with reacting to request I have not the faintest idea of how to help with, and I do not want to read anyone else explaining their lack of relevant knowledge either.

#15 ·
I think that's a little harsh. There is a lot of help freely given on this site, but your requests are a little outside the sphere of most of us. By far the greater majority on here are ex-seafarers who generally didn't wander around with plans for their vessel under their arm. Had you asked for crew lists, or history, then you may well have been offered help, as someone may know something of the subject.

#20 · (Edited)
Heart breaking indeed, but I believe it could have been worse. You could be in a ship at sea with men disgusted with your groundless self-pity and overblown self-esteem, all unwilling to look at you with the forgiving sympathy of a loving mother, and all willing to at least lock you up within total silence until you managed to grow up a little. And there is the strong possibility that a some hardened individuals could have grabbed you by the neck and have whispered in a threating tone: you are now very far from the shore boy! Something I would not at all condone, but I have seen it happen to a couple of poor devils who did not fit in very well. Who thought themselves to be something out of the ordinary and therefore deserving special treatment. So you ought to thank us for being willing to engage you in conversation to the degree we have. (That said – I am all for having this thread deleted in its entirety.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.